The American Canoe Association is a nationwide, not for profit organization that serves the broader paddling public by providing education on matters related to paddling.
To achieve this goal the ACA certifies instructors that observe safety, excellent kayaking proficiency ability, and great communication skills. Jeff Fabiszewski is a certified American Canoe Association instructors and teaches several classes within the guidelines of the ACA to keep you safe on the water.
All ACA classes must have a minimum of 3 participants in order to be scheduled.
* * *
I offer classes located in Pinellas County Florida, conveniently positioned between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
There are several sea kayaking lessons options to choose from for an individual & couples (5 students per class max), from a basic introduction to more advanced skills such as Greenland Kayak Rolling. Each class is unique and customized to your personal goals. Kayaks, PFD & paddle are not provided.
If you would like to talk over the phone, or schedule a video conference, contact me at email@example.com
* * *
ACA member Kayak Class prices
|Smartstart Paddler Orientation – Kayak||45 minutes – 1 hour||$20|
|Quickstart Your Kayak||3 or more hours||$60|
|Flatwater Kayak Safety & Rescue||4 or more hours||$80|
|Kayak Rolling||2 to 6 hours||$50 ($35 for repeat sessions)|
|Coastal Kayak Traditional Skills||1 day, 8 hours||$95|
|Level 1: Introduction to Kayaking||6 to 8 hours||$90|
|Level 2: Essentials of Kayak Touring||1 day, 8 hours||$110|
|Level 2: Essentials of Sit On Top Kayaking||6 to 8 hours||$90|
|Level 3: Coastal Kayak: Basic Strokes & Rescues||1 day, 8 hours||$110|
|Level 3: Sit On Top Coastal Kayaking||1 day, 8 hours||$90|
|Level 3: Coastal Kayak: Strokes & Maneuvers Refinement||7 to 8 hours||$110|
ACA Kayak Class Descriptions
ACA Quick Start Your Kayak Thinking about trying kayaking, but not sure you want to commit to a full-day class? This is the perfect course for you. Learn the basics – safety, lingo and how to maneuver a kayak – in three fun-filled hours. Be sure to follow this one up with a rescues class and you’ll be off to a great start.
ACA L-1 Introduction to Kayaking This is a comprehensive course to acquire skills to safely and enjoyably paddle on calm water. The kayaking class includes information on all different kinds of kayaks, about the equipment necessary to get started, and how to paddle safe on the water.
ACA L-2 Essentials of Kayak Touring To teach beginner paddlers to safely and enjoyably kayak on lakes, rivers, calm protected ocean environments, and other flat water settings.
ACA L-3 Coastal Kayak Basic Strokes and Rescues This intermediate course is designed to prepare paddlers to comfortably and safely paddle on protected flat water environments with conditions not to exceed 1-foot seas, 10 knot winds and be no more than 1/2 mile from shore I recommend the following tow rigs for this class.
ACA L-3 Coastal Kayak Strokes and Maneuvers Refinement course is designed to assist coastal kayakers at all levels in refining basic strokes and maneuvers. It may be beneficial to re-take this course at different levels of skill progression. COURSE OBJECTIVES: Using on-water practice, classroom discussion and/or video analysis, participants will practice strokes/maneuvers to increase efficiency, fluidity and control.
ACA Coastal Kayak Traditional Skills / Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills Here you will learn why the Greenlanders are the masters of the roll. Part of the class will be an exhibition of many effortless rolls. We will practice paddling, sculling, balance braces, and rolls. You will work on learning to roll or for those having a solid roll, you may learn a new one. Having a Greenland style kayak with a low back and Greenland paddle really helps with this clinic.
* * *
Greenland Qajaq Classes are specialty classes that teaches people a relaxed style of paddling.
If you are new to kayaking or if you have paddled longer than you have been alive, you have probably have heard of Greenland Kayaking. The term can refer to kayak design, paddle style, and or rolling recovery. For an estimated 4,000 years hunters have used the qajaq throughout the arctic circle from Alaska to Greenland to feed their families.
I offer five Greenland kayak classes in Florida on using a Greenland style paddle. I have also written a few blogs on this topic. Below are descriptions of classes and some blog and video links.
- Basic / Intro Paddling Strokes, $75 three hour class, Thinking about trying Greenland traditional style kayaking, but not sure you want to commit to the ACA Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills full-day class? Then, this is the perfect course for you. Learn the basics – safety, lingo and how to maneuver a kayak – in three fun-filled hours. In this comprehensive course students also learn how to lessen the chances of capsizing a kayak from a breaking wave or boat wake. Paddlers will work to develop low and high brace recovery strokes; as well as, learn that sculling is just about playing with degrees of wetness. Be sure to follow this one up with a self-recovery class and you will be off to a great start.
- Rolling “Self Recovery Techniques in the event of a capsize”, $50 private instruction, Explore the unique world between being upright and capsized. And students will discover a relaxed, safe, and reliable rolling techniques for the calm to the small craft advisory days. ($35 for repeat sessions)
- ACA Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills kayak class, $85 eight hours of instruction $95 for non American Canoe Association members. Here you will learn why the Greenlanders are the masters of the roll. Part of the class will be an exhibition of many effortless rolls. We will practice paddling, sculling, balance braces, and rolls. You will work on learning to roll or for those having a solid roll, you may learn a new one. Having a Greenland style kayak with a low back and Greenland paddle really helps with this clinic.
- Greenland Kayak weekend package, Three hours of private instruction on Saturday, and a semi private catered kayak trip on Sunday. $100
- Toothpicks for Everyone, Land based lecture class, Thinking about why your fellow paddlers are using 8,000-year-old technology to paddle their kayaks. Or, you want to know how a Greenland style paddle can be good for your body. Request this Lecture class for your group of friends and learn another way of going green.